CarbonX CF PEEK is one of the highest-performing thermoplastics on the market today, featuring outstanding thermal, mechanical and chemical resistance. 3DXTech have added 10% premium chopped carbon fibre to create a PEEK filament with increased strength, stiffness and dimensional stability for the most demanding of environments. An ideal choice for the automotive, aerospace and gas + oil industries.
- High Thermal Resistance: Tg of 143°C, Tm of 343°C
- Continuous Use Temperature 240 - 260°C
- Inherent flame resistance
- Long-term hydrolytic stability - PEEK has an excellent resistance to hydrolysis in boiling water and super-heated steam (sterilization/autoclave) at temperatures in excess of 250°C (482°F).
- Outstanding chemical resistance, including alcohols, automotive fluids and aqueous solutions
Guideline Print Settings
|Nozzle Temperature||Build Plate Temperature||Heated Build Chamber||Bed Adhesion|
|380-410°C||130-150°C||Recommended||PEI Tape or sheet|
Additional Tips For 3D Printing PEEK
- Due to abrasive fibres present in this filament, it is strongly recommended to use hardened nozzles with a minimum diameter of 0.4mm when printing, to reduce wear.
- Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter - minimum 0.25mm layer height
- Purging of the extruder/nozzle is recommended immediately after printing, to reduce the risk of permanent blockage
You might also like