> The Lounge     Printing     STARTT Nozzle
Nozzle
 STARTT   Started by Lance Wunder   2017-06-18 21:37:34 +01:00   Comments: 4    Viewed: 2142

1. Lance Wunder
    Lance Wunder Member
    The filament goes on to the bed in blotches but comes out in string form from the nozzle. And the nozzle eventually gets stuck in the filament and can't move.
    Lance Wunder, 2017-06-18 21:37:34 +01:00
  2. Tim Williams
    Tim Williams Member
    Are you using the option to build an "adhesion surface", I have the same problem if I try to skip the adhesion step.

Also do you have the blue build sheets attached to the bed or are using a glue stick?
    Tim Williams, 2017-06-19 17:46:02 +01:00
  3. Lance Wunder
    Lance Wunder Member

I'm not sure what you mean by that option to build an adhesion surface. I tried to use glue but I am currently using painters tape, it seems to work better.
    Lance Wunder, 2017-06-19 18:18:13 +01:00

4. I have found with all of my printers, I have to keep the nozzle clean, inside and out.  I have the little wire drills to clean the inside and I use a stainless steel tooth brush to clean the outside of the nozzle just before I hit print after the hot end is up to temperature.  This stops the little blobs of filament from coming off the nozzle onto the print.  With the outside clean you have a better chance of getting a clean smooth print.

The stringing may be the retraction settings, you have to play with that to see what works for you.  There are retraction test models you can use to fine tune your settings. Check thingiverse for the models.
    Randy Solomon, 2017-06-22 18:46:41 +01:00
  5. (You must log in or sign up to post here)

Write your reason

Terms & Conditions!
Help!