> The Lounge     Printing     STARTT Printer doesn't work out of a sudden?!
Printer doesn't work out of a sudden?!
 STARTT   Started by Nico Harte   2017-06-29 19:16:16 +01:00   Comments: 4    Viewed: 685

1. Nico Harte
    Nico Harte Member
    I was super happy with my STARTT so far. But today I wanted to print something after not using it for a few weeks. It boots normally, but when i "auto home all", it just starts and directly stops. The screen turns blue without any letters on it. When i tried to preheat the PLA to get out the spool, it directly crashes and reboots the system.

I have no clue what to do, any ideas? I checked all cables which seem to be plugged properly. I don't understand why it happens, as i didn't change anything after the last print :(
    Nico Harte, 2017-06-29 19:16:16 +01:00
  2. Jack Keum
    Jack Keum Moderator Staff Member

Hi Nico,

Could you try to check the power wires and the heater wires on the board please? Are they connected properly? 
    Jack Keum, 2017-06-29 20:27:26 +01:00
  3. Al
    Al Member Rockland, ME
    Off the top of my head, it sounds like something damaged in power management... ie: over heating of the transformer created voltage spikes during heavy draws ( heater & motor activation), & probably burned an SMD, likely a resistor, or heated & lifted a solder connection.
      I've had similar problems in the past with control & PC boards.  The 'all in one' boards like this one are the most prone to cook-off problems. Use a magnifying glass & look the board over closely for dark spots or gray/browned SMDs. Also, try sniffing your power supply when it's on. You'll know if it's overheated perviously, the smell doesn't really go away.

My 2 cents, could be completely off base, but it'll give you something to look for. :)

Al
    Al, 2017-06-30 07:17:39 +01:00
  4. Nico Harte
    Nico Harte Member
    I checked all the cables. But i think the ac dc adapter might be the problem. It was the only thing connected to the socket all the time. I also think the blue light of the adapter was different when i started using it. Now it is blinking or not burning at all.

I will order a new one and try it out, i ll let you guys know. 
    Nico Harte, 2017-06-30 16:21:59 +01:00
  5. (You must log in or sign up to post here)

Write your reason

Terms & Conditions!
Help!