> The Lounge     Printing     STARTT Printing Half a Model
Printing Half a Model
 STARTT   Started by Ian mclachlan   2017-07-05 03:13:53 +01:00   Comments: 3    Viewed: 1388

1. Hi Everyone,

Im new to the 3D printing world and have just completed assembling my Starrt Printer. It all went reasonabley well but when I have started printing my prints are missing half the model.

Im using the inbuilt "Ready to Print" files and so far have printed the 3 circles, falcon and the spinning top. Each time it is missing the left hand side or the left hand side is woefully out  of sync (see attached). I am also getting a bit of "strining" I think but are the two related 

Any suggestions ?
    Ian mclachlan, 2017-07-05 03:13:53 +01:00
  2. reddadsteve
    reddadsteve Member Flanders
    Ian,  I could be wrong but that looks like a leveling issue to me.  Carefull leveling of the printer bed is essential for good prints.

There are two different things to consider when leveling:
    1-the overall gap between the hot end and the plate.  Too high and the filament does not stick, too low and the bottom gets squished.
    2-leveling all four corners to be the exact same height (or close as possible).  Be sure to move the head to each corner and adjust the screw under that corner so all corners are the same height.

Steve
    reddadsteve, 2017-07-05 17:24:46 +01:00
  3. Thanks Steve. Ill give that a try.

Cheers
    Ian mclachlan, 2017-07-06 03:53:15 +01:00
  4. (You must log in or sign up to post here)

Write your reason

Terms & Conditions!
Help!