> The Lounge     Printing     STARTT After hitting the print button, but before the print...
After hitting the print button, but before the print...
 STARTT   Started by Eric Valentino   2017-03-27 05:10:56 +01:00   Comments: 6    Viewed: 1769

1. I'm very new to 3D printing, and the Startt printer is my very first one. Ive had several successful prints, but certain files just won't print, or take forever before they do start printing. Ive had more complicated files start printing before relatively simple designs. Is there an average time to expect between hitting the print button and the machine getting to work? Or is it dependent on the file itself? Also what factors would cause a print to start quickly? And vice versa take a long time?
    Eric Valentino, 2017-03-27 05:10:56 +01:00
  2. Jack Keum
    Jack Keum Moderator Staff Member
    Hi Eric,

Thanks for trying out the Startt printer. The printer usually try to heat up the nozzle once you selected to print a file, and once it heated to the desired temperature it will start printing. It should never take longer than 5 minutes. 

Please try the following:
    1.Open Cura
    2.Go to "Machine", then "Machine Settings"
    3.Check if there's a tick on "Heated Bed", un-tick it.
    4.Re-start Cura, re-slice your file, save to SD card.
    5.Re-start your printer, print file. 

Let me know if this works. 

Best,
    Jack
    Jack Keum, 2017-03-27 11:43:21 +01:00
  3. Jack, The heated bed ticker was off, I resliced the file, and still nothing. Now I seem to be having a problem with the preloaded files as well. The nozzle gets up to temp, but the print just never starts.
    Eric Valentino, 2017-03-27 21:17:14 +01:00
  4. Jack Keum

Eric,

How did the temperature on the nozzle behave like? Does it fluctuate alot before hitting the target?

Regards,
    jack
    Jack Keum, 2017-03-28 10:48:28 +01:00
  5. Jack, 
    It seems to be printing normally again. I have been restarting if it takes longer than five minutes, and that seems to work. But I was wondering if certain files won't print at all after slicing? I've tried a few things that had no actual makes, and they didn't seem to print.
    Eric Valentino, 2017-03-28 11:14:07 +01:00
  6. Jack Keum

Eric,

This sounds odd. For more complicated object it might take longer to slice, but not longer to start, just make sure it finished slicing in the software before saving it to the SD card and that should work. 

Regards,
    Jack
    Jack Keum, 2017-03-28 12:54:53 +01:00
  7. (You must log in or sign up to post here)

Write your reason

Terms & Conditions!
Help!