MakerBot Method X 3D Printer
The MakerBot Method X 3D Printer is a manufacturing workstation engineered to challenge traditional methods. The 110°C heated chamber allows Method X to print the full catalogue of MakerBot polymers and composites. With clever features such as the remote sensors, dual extruder and controlled heated chamber, the MakerBot Method X will guarantee you part dimensional accuracy of ± 0.2mm (± 0.007in).
Heated Build Chamber
MakerBot Method X
Rigid metal frame construction- A structurally-optimized metal frame runs the full length of the body to offset flexing. Less flexing means more consistent prints with better part accuracy and fewer failures.
Circulating heated chamber- Control the temperature up to 110°C and achieve the best material properties possible. The MakerBot Method X heated chamber will produce stronger parts consistently in all three axis by recirculating heat on every layer. Print with any material from the entire MakerBot polymer catalogue.
Dual Performance Extruders- Perfect for speed and dimensional accuracy, each extruder features a sensor that detects and remotely alerts you when a material is running low or is jammed during the printing process. The 19:1 dual-drive gear ratio keeps material loaded and gives reliable material extrusion.
Dry-Sealed Material Bay- Protect your materials from damage and keep them in an optimal environment in the dry-sealed material bay.
Clean Air System- Keep your work area safe with the newly developed Clean Air System which utilises a smart HEPA filtration system.
Stratasys SR-30 Soluble Supports- Use Stratasys SR-30 soluble supports to dissolve your part supports in a very mild NaOH solution, no need for hands-on, time consuming post processing.
MakerBot Method X Software
Open Materials Platform- Choose from a wide choice of MakerBot materials including Nylon Carbon Fibre, ABS, Nylon, PC-ABS and SR-30 or advance materials enables by the MakerBot LABS such as ABS Carbon, TPE (flexible), PETG ESD, and PC.
Guaranteed Part Accuracy- MakerBot Method X guarantees finished part dimensional accuracy ± 0.2mm (± 0.007in). This allows you to print complex geometries and part assemblies with tight tolerances.
Automate Your Workflow- Keep a constant workflow by remotely operating your machine from the MakerBot desktop and mobile apps. The on board camera allows you to monitor prints remotely. Also features automated material handling, build plate levelling, and extruder calibration.
- Printing Technology
- Build Volume W x D x H (mm) // W x D x H (inch)
- Single Extrusion: 190 x190 x 196 // 7.5 x 7.5 x 7.75 in Dual Extrusion: 152 x 190 x 196mm // 6 x 7.5 x 7.75 in
- Layer Thickness / Print Precision
- Nozzle Diameter (mm)
- Printing Speed
- Up to 500mm/s travel speed
- Filament Diameter (mm)
- 29.5 kg / 65 lbs
- Material type
- Precision ABS, SR-30 Soluble Support, Tough PLA, Precision PLA, PETG, PVA-M
- Platform Levelling
- Assisted Levelling
- 437 x 413 x 649mm // 17.2 x 16.3 x 25.6 in
- Special Features
- Touch screen, Monitoring camera, Material detection, Jam detection, Calibration sensors
- Heated Chamber
- File Format
- .makerbot, .stl, .sldprt, .sldasm, .ipt, .iam, .iges, .igs, .step, .stp, .CATPart, .CATProduct, .obj, .prt, .par, .asm, .wrl, .x_t, .x_b
- USB Drive, USB, Ethernet, WiFi
- Printer Software
- MakerBot Print, MakerBot Mobile
- Software Compatibility
- Windows (7, 10) Mac OS X (10.9+)
- Input Voltage / Power
- Build Platform
- Spring steel with grip surface
- Shipping Dimensions
- 765 (H) x 500 (W) x 555mm (D)// 30.1 x 19.7 x 21.9 in
- Shipping Weight
- 37.1 kg / 81.7 lbs