PVA (Polyvinyl alcohol) is a cold-water-soluble 3D printer filament with strong adhesion, particularly with PLA, PETG, and TPU filaments. Its strong adhesion makes it an ideal support material for various filaments. Support material is usually necessary for printing models with complex geometry. The PVA support will dissolve in a water bath leaving behind a smooth 3D printed part. Raise3D’s Premium PVA filament is both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified with better thermal stability and degradation resistance.
- Ideal support material for 3D printing PLA
- Excellent water solubility
- Good stability during printing
- Smooth interface with support area
- Great for designs with complex geometry and cavities
Guideline Print Settings
|Nozzle Temperature||Build Plate Temperature||Build Plate Surface||Printing Speed|
|220-230°C||Room-70°C||BuildTak with Gluestick||45–90mm/s|
Tips For Printing PVA
- When a raft is used, always print the raft with Raise3D Premium PVA, for the raft-model distance (“air gap”): 0 mm.
- Support settings:
- Recommended support density: 20% - 30%.
- Support infill angles: 0° and 90°.
- Dense support layers: 3 - 5.
- Dense layer infill: 100%.
- Ooze shield outlines: set to 1-3.
- Upper/lower vertical separation layers: set to 0.