3DXTech FibreX™ PEI 9085 (Ultem™) 1,75mm 500g
3DXTech FibreX™ Ultem 9085 is a high-quality (PEI) filament with excellent thermal and chemical resistance properties, as well as great dimensional stability. An ideal choice for a range of demanding applications.
Spørg os om vores rabatter til uddannelse
3DXTech manufacture this ultra-performance 3D printing filament using ULTEM 9085 PEI (polyether imide) resin. PEI is an amorphous, high-performance polymer that combines excellent thermal properties, exceptional dimensional stability, inherent flame retardancy, and good chemical resistance. Filaments made using ULTEM 9085 resin offer the ability to create parts with excellent properties at elevated temperatures due to a high glass transition temperature (Tg) of 186°C.
- High thermal properties: (Tg) of 217°C
- Inherent flame resistance
- Long-term hydrolytic stability
- Excellent dimensional stability (low creep sensitivity and low, uniform coefficient of thermal expansion) and highly reproducible part-to-part dimensions
- Exceptional strength and modulus, even at elevated temperatures
- Good resistance to a broad range of chemicals, such as automotive fluids, fully halogenated hydrocarbons, alcohols, and aqueous solutions
Guideline Print Settings
|Nozzle Temperature||Build Plate Temperature||Heated Build Chamber||Bed Adhesion|
|350-390°C||140-160°C||Recommended||PEI tape or gluestick applied to glass|
Annealing Printed Parts
Due to the nature of 3D printing with Ultem 9085, residual stresses may be present in the printed part which can affect the mechanical properties. These residual stresses can be reduced by using a hot-air oven to anneal the parts. Please see the steps below as a guide for annealing 3D printed Ultem/PEI parts:
- Place printed parts in cool, room-temp oven.
- Set temp to 120°C/250°F and allow to stabilize for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour at 120°C/150°F, increase oven temp to 150°C/300°F and allow to stabilize 1 additional hour.
- After 1 hour at 150°C/300°F, reduce heat back to 90°C/200°F and allow to stabilize for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn off oven heat and allow printed parts to return to room temp inside the oven as it cools.