3DXTech FibreX™ PEKK-A 1.75mm 500g
One of the PAEK family of high-performance polymers, FibreX PEKK-A by 3DXTech has a lower processing temperature than PEEK which makes it easier to print, and after annealing can display even better mechanical, thermal and chemical resistance properties.
Free shipping on orders over $500 to mainland US
Free lifetime remote support on all products
FibreX™ PEKK-A by 3DXTech utilises one of the highest performance polymers available today (PolyEtherKetoneKetone) to create a filament with mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistance comparable to PEEK, but as it requires lower processing temperatures it is significantly easier to print. After an annealing process, PEKK-A has been shown to out-perform PEEK in many areas, making it a more reliable alternative material for industrial applications.
- Made with 60/40 PEKK copolymer
- Easier to print than PEEK
- Inherent flame resistance (UL94 V-0)
- Good chemical resistance, including alcohols, automotive fluids and aqueous solutions
- Low smoke generation - ideal for aerospace applications
- Outstanding mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistance
Guideline Print Settings
|Nozzle Temperature||Build Plate Temperature||Heated Build Chamber||Bed Adhesion|
|345-375°C||120-140°C||Up to 140°C||PEI tape or gluestick applied to glass|
Annealing PEKK-A Printed Parts
Annealing PEKK-A is optional, however it can post-crystalise the material and improve the mechanical, thermal and chemical resistance properties of the printed part. For example, the maximum use temperature can increase from 150°C to 260°C.
- Place part in an oven and raise the temperature to 160c, allow to remain at that temperature for 30 minutes.
- Raise the oven temperature to 200c and allow the part to remain their until it turns a uniform tan color. Timing will depend on the temperature uniformity and circulation of the air inside the oven. Allow to cool prior to handling part.