Filamet Metal 3D Printing Filament
The amazing Filamet enables you to achieve metal 3D printing on your desktop 3D printer!
In the Box
At iMakr, we created a video advertisement for the metal filament 'Filamet'. The concept behind the video was to produce a short ad that highlighted the difference between old and new filament demonstrating the benefits of the new Filamet Filament.
Filamet™ Copper PLA is the closest you can get to printing in metal from a FDM printer. It prints just like PLA, with a reduced speed to allow enough energy to melt the dense filament.
- High metal content: With 90% copper by weight printed parts feel, weigh and smell exactly like real metal parts.
- Multiple post processing possibilities: Printed parts can be sanded, polished, coated, kiln fired or allowed to oxidise for a range of finishes.
- Easy to print: Filamet™ prints like regular PLA, just reduce speed to around 50%.
In the Box
- Filamet™ Copper PLA 750g spool
- 1lb Magic Black Powder
- Print at 50% of your usual printing speed to allow the filament to melt properly.
- Use an all metal hot end, the metal particles are abrasive and will damage other hot ends, and will wear all hot ends over time.
- The filament is brittle and may snap during printing. Mounting the filament externally from the printer, ideally above with a clear path to the extruder, will reduce the chance of breakages while printing.
- Magic Black Powder is required to kiln fire Filamet™.
- Sintering process for kiln firing: http://www.thevirtualfoundry.com/help.
Leave your comment